The Tandoori Chicken.
Tandoori Murgh / Spiced Grilled Chicken
Tandoori chicken is a dish originating in the Indian subcontinent. It is widely popular in South Asia, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, the Middle East and the Western world. It consists of roasted chicken prepared with yogurt and spices
Chicken legs, 4 ea.
Kashmiri chili powder 1tsp to 2 tsp or to taste (available in south Asian stores)
Lemon juice from ½ to ¾ a lemon
Salt to taste
Hung Yogurt, 3 Tbsp.
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
Coriander powder 2 tsp
Cumin powder ½ tsp
Garam masala, 1-2 tsp. (available in south Asian stores)
Vino’s Kari enhancers
Ginger garlic paste, 1 Tbsp.
1tsp red food coloring (optional)
Salt to taste
Oil 2 tbsp. + for brushing
Melted Butter or Ghee for basting 2 Tbsp. Or as needed.
• Wash and skinned the chicken legs and make slits on it.
• Make a rub by mixing Kashmiri chili, salt and lemon juice to paste.
• Rub the chicken legs with the rub paste and let it marinate for 15 minutes.
• In a bowl combine yogurt, turmeric powder, Kashmiri chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala, ginger garlic paste, salt, and lemon juice. Apply this marinade to the prepared chicken legs till they are fully covered in the marinade.
• Cover it and refrigerate it for at least 6 hours- 8 hours.
• Preheat the oven to 425 F. Prepare the baking tray by covering it with silver foil and apply oil to it.
• Arrange the marinated chicken in the baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.
• Using thong, turn it to the other side and bake for another 15 minutes.
• Then apply melted butter over the chicken and broil for about 3 -5 minutes till you get the charred effect on the chicken.
• Remove it from the oven. Arrange it in the serving tray and garnish it as desired and serve it warm.